As some of you may know, I am moving to LA this month! I am SO excited because it means that a new and exciting chapter of my life is about to begin. Something that really excites me about moving into a new place is getting to decorate! I have already bought a white dresser as well as some white drawers that I will probably use to store makeup and accessories.
I went shopping for bedding over the weekend and found two that I am having a very hard time deciding between. I first went to Kohl’s, but didn’t find anything. We then ventured into Bed Bath & Beyond where I found something I was NOT expecting–Kate Spade bedding!!! If you know me, you know I LOVE Kate Spade. I ended up buying this adorable striped duvet cover and sham that has navy, white, pink & orange stripes. I think it looks very classy as well as classic–a little more grown up.
After buying the adorable Kate Spade bedding, we went to Target to get an affordable duvet comforter. While browsing through the decor section of Target, I ended up finding another comforter that I loved. It also has navy in it, but it also has one of my favorite colors–neon pink–as well as a kelly green. I kind of fell in love with all of the college decor that Target has right now because of all the neon pink accents.
So now I have a dilemma. I really like both of the comforters that I bought and I can NOT decide which one to keep. That’s where you guys come in! I need you to help me decide which one to adorn my new bed in my new place with. Scroll down to check out the bedding and some other stuff that I could purchase along with the bedding, along with some pros and cons.
Kate Spade: Duvet Cover | Sham | Scalloped Pillow | Snooze Pillow | Shower Curtain | Towels | Bath Rug
- As you can see, the Kate Spade bedding has a couple super cute pillows to go with the bedding, which I will most likely end up buying eventually. I could also use these with the Target bedding.
- There is also bathroom decor that matches the bedding. I would have to discuss with my roommates whether or not they would be okay with having this since it would be in the guest bathroom.
- The whole look of this is a little more classic with the stripes, as well as grown up, so I feel like I would be less likely to get sick of it.
- It was a little pricey, and if I decide to go with this one, then I would have to go back to Target and buy the duvet comforter.
- I’m not crazy about the pastel yellow color (minor detail).
- It was much less expensive (only $20), so it wouldn’t be a HUGE deal if I got tired of it and decided to buy a different inexpensive comforter.
- There is tons of other decor that would match perfectly with the neon pink in the bedding.
- The whole style isn’t really MY style, except for the neon pink. I do love the “floral”, but it is a little artsy and modern for me.
- The print might be a little much, and I’m not crazy about how dark it is.
- It looks a little more “dorm-y”, which makes sense since it is part of the college collection…
So, which one do you think I should go with? PLEASE leave your response in the comments! I would really appreciate it!