It seems like there are so many single people that spend Valentine’s Day feeling bitter and spend the day hating themselves and others when we’re supposed to celebrate love. I’ll admit, I’ve definitely been this person in the past. Nothing extreme, but have definitely spent the day wallowing in my sadness and singleness, wishing I had someone to give me roses and jewelry and chocolate…
You know what? I did. Me.
Today I’m going to share a few ideas with you about How To Celebrate Valentine’s Day If You’re Single. Do everything for yourself that a significant other would do for you!
- Brew yourself a cup of coffee (or tea) and eat breakfast in bed! There’s nothing like having a relaxing morning and starting with a little pick-me-up and me-time.
- Work it out! Get some exercise in, whether it’s going for a run, doing some yoga, going on a bike ride, going to the gym, or however you like to break out a sweat. Exercise releases endorphins, which triggers a positive feeling in your body, putting you in a good mood for the rest of the day!
- Get pampered! Take a shower, give yourself a facial, curl your hair, do your makeup, paint your nails, etc. Basically get ready like you’re going on a date!
- Write a love note! Last night at my Galentine’s Day party, we each wrote a note to ourselves filled with truths and scripture that we need to hear regarding things we’re personally struggling with at the moment. Then, without addressing it or signing it, we are leaving our notes somewhere in public for someone else to open and read (i.e. a table in a coffee shop, on a park bench, on someone’s car, etc.). It’s just a little thing you can do to pick yourself up and spread the love at the same time.
- Do something that brings you joy! For me, it would be going to the beach, hanging out with friends, or taking pictures. It could also be going on a solo drive down the coast, painting, going shopping, journaling, meditating, cleaning, reading, etc.
- Treat yo’self! Splurge a little and buy something you’ve had your eye on for a while like a piece of jewelry or handbag, or even cheat on your diet and get some ice cream!
- Watch the sunset! This is probably one of my favorite things to do. Take a friend with you, or go by yourself to have some more me-time. Take this time to really do some thinking and reflection. Maybe bring a journal and write out your thoughts, or just sit in the silence and peace. While you’re at it, take this time to disconnect from any electronics.
- Take a bubble bath! Fill up the tub, throw in a bath bomb, light some candles, and turn on the music. Baths can be so relaxing and therapeutic and this is definitely happening tonight!
- Count your blessings! We all have something to be thankful for.
- Smile. Sharing a smile with everyone you meet spreads kindness & makes others feel loved.
If you’re single (or even if you’re not), I hope you take some time today to love yourself because you deserve it! Happy Valentine’s Day!