As some of you may know, I go to two churches. I call it double churchin’ it. Anyways, I am a youth leader (until the fall) at Pacific Church of Irvine, and I am a part of the college ministry at Mariners Church. Once in a while, the message will be on the same topic at both churches, and it just makes me so happy because I know that God is talking to ME. And that makes me feel so special!
At both services, the main topic was being thankful. I realized how often I take pretty much everything for granted.
At PCI we were talking about thanking God for the little things: eyes, ears, even taste buds! If it wasn’t for my sight, I wouldn’t have the passion I do: fashion. I also wouldn’t be able to take in God’s beautiful creations every day. If it wasn’t for my ears, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the worship music at church, which is the way I feel that I connect with God the most. If it wasn’t for my taste buds, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy all the yummy food!
We were also challenged to make a list of 20 things that we are thankful for each day. Now, I’m gonna be honest, I probably couldn’t write a whole 20 things every single day. That’s why I’m starting this series, Thankful Thursdays, to write 5 things I’m thankful for once every Thursday with you guys. Sometimes I might put an outfit post with the list, or sometimes I may share an inspirational photo, etc.
I just want to let you guys know that I’m really excited about this, and I can’t wait to continue this. My hope is that other bloggers would pick this up, as well as my readers!
So, here’s my list:
- My friends ~ If God hadn’t given me the friends he has, I wouldn’t have as much joy as I do now!
- My mom ~ Spending time with my mom in San Francisco last week made me really appreciate her and the time I get to spend with her.
- My acceptance to FIDM ~ I seriously can’t believe it’s actually happening, and I’m so thankful that God has provided me with this opportunity! I can’t wait to see what will come from it.
- My cat, Jack ~ He’s always there to comfort me. I’m a pretty physical person, so when I’m sad I want to be held. I think having Jack is God’s way of physically comforting me and showing me physical affection. I know, that probably sounds so weird, but it’s true.
- Growing up in the OC, specifically Irvine ~ Recently, I’ve realized how lucky I am to have lived in Irvine, in the same house, since I was 1. Other families that I know have moved so much and I just feel so lucky to have had a childhood living in a nice and safe neighborhood, and not be moving around so much. It’s just amazing.